Saturday, May 5, 2007

struggling with diet!!




Hi all
It toke me a while to write this post, I was a little busy lately; with all the birthday planning and everything…
Oops, I forget to tell u, it was my birthday last week so “happy birthday to me from all of u!!” ;p

Now about the weird title “struggling with diet
I wanted to choose the word “weight” instate of “diet” then I thought that it’s a common word
And everybody is struggling with weight.
In my case here the weight wasn’t the problem, I didn’t find it that bad to gain some weight _allot actually ;p_
The problem was with loosing it!!

The story started when I moved to Dubai almost 2 years ago, back then I rarely went out during the week, cuz of the whole busy life thing in Dubai, anyway I started entertaining my self with all kind of food and sweets. The frame “wine testing” somehow turned into “chocolate testing”!!!
Days and months has passed and I was luxuring my self with all kind of food and anything eatable! And these turned out to be my new habit.

Friends and family of course started commenting on the look and how I should watch my self and “you still young and handsome, watch your self and be careful on what your eating!!”
Well who cares?!!! I’m happy, I’m eating my burger and pizza and that’s what important
I’m not gonna turn into my own shrink now but I looked at food as a way to west time, and allot of it actually
By time getting weight started to effect my look and personality as well.
I had to stay hours in front of the mirror to find something that fit, or at least makes me look ok, not to mention the anger that started pupping up in the air.
And that’s lead to more food, telling my self “what the hell, no way I’m gonna loose all that”

(((I received a ring on my birthday about 4 or 5 years ago, and it was in my finger since then. Never tried to remove it and I started to think its part of me)))

TILL ONE DAY
I tried to remove that ring, and it stock. I tried Olive oil, soap and every possible way but no luck, my fingers now are too big, and it stocked there
In that day and for the first time since almost 1 year I cried, I felt like a prisoner to this thing (the weight not the ring!!)
It was kind of a wake up call for me
And I answered!!
The next day I went to a gym next to my house and registered. Started a new diet system and a whole new way of living just started
I admit it’s very hard thing to do, especially in the first few day, seeing all the food and chocolate around you and just ignore it; it’s hard, it’s so freaking hard!!!
Later on I started feeling some changes. Not in my body of course cuz at least I need a century to get off all that weight!!! ;) It was more in my inner self
I started to feel better about my self, feel happier, fresher, I had a goal in mind and I wanted to reach
And let’s face it the reason was so simple and honest
Loose my weight is much cheaper than buying a whole bunch of new clothes that fits :)
And that’s what really happened, now I could really c the result, it’s not very clear, but comparing to what I used to be it’s much better, and my old cloths fits again, so all I need is some extra time and some “struggling with diet”.


In the last week I didn’t stick to the rules that much cuz of my birthday thing and I was thinking that I deserve all that pizzas, burgers and ice cream cakes after all what I’ve been through in the last 2 months :p

Anyway starting today I’m back to my diets and workouts, so the struggling….mmmm
You know what?? Struggling is not the right word
I’ll go with the “system”, it looks better ;)
I guess that’s it for this time, wish me luck in this little adventure
And looking for ur review, ideas, and personal experience

BTW I went to Spiderman 3 yesterday and the movie was just AMAZING!!!You can watch the trailer here:





8 comments:

Nostalgia said...

بعد صباح الخير طبعا , شكرا كتير لتعليقك ع البوست , حبيت اللي كتبتو عن الريجيم و الوزن الزائد لأنو فعلا هي مشكلة 90 % من الناس و من ضمنهم أنا و بالرغم من الصور المشهية للكيك و الشوكولا التي أرفقتها مع البوست و لكن نجاحك في النهاية في العودة لما كنت عليه سابقا , مشجع جدا و قد حمستني لأبدأ ريجيمي اليوم و الذي أفكر فيه من شهرين تقريباً و لم أتخذ القرار .. سأبدأ ليس الآن و إنما بعد نصف ساعة أي عندما أنهي الكروسان التي أحضرها الأوفيس بوي من سبنس(لا يمكنني مقاومتها) بالنسبة لي أعتقد أن الريجيمات المختلفة احتلت و قتا مهما في حياتي و تفكيري لأنه لم يبق نوع ريجيم إلا و جربته .. عندما كنت في بلدي أو بالأحرى طالبة في الجامعة .. كان من السهل المداومة على ناد رياضي لممارسة الرياضة أما هنا فصراحة لا أجد الوقت لذلك .. و بسبب الجلوس الطويل وراء مكتبي و بسبب الوجبات السريعة من عند كنتاكي و البيتزا هوت و البرجر كينغ , كسبت خمسة كيلو على ما اعتدت عليه سابقا و صراحة أنا أعاني الآن من ذلك لأن وزني لم يزدد بشكل عام و إنما تركز في مناطق معينة و يمكنك القول أني أملك كرشا معتبراً الآن .. بالرغم من أني لم أتجاوز ال 58 كيلو بعد .. المهم أن حديثك شجعني و سأعود إنشالله الى سابق عهدي و سأخبرك عندما يحدث ذلك .. آسفة إن أطلت الحديث عن نفسي و لكنك سمحت بالحديث عن التجارب الشخصية .. أنا لا آكل عندما أكون سعيدة بل العكس صحيح .. لذلك أولى خطوات الريجيم هي البحث عن السعادة ...برأيي الشخصي .. السعادة و الإستقرار النفسي هما بداية الطريق للحصول على جسم رائع..و بناء على تجاربي الشخصية اكتشفت ان ريجيم الحريرات هو الأنفع و هو أن تحدد لنفسك كل يوم 1200 حريرة و كلها كيفما تشاء ... أنتظر منك كل جديد

LOST in Dubai said...

hey
thx for very cute comment
what u said was true, about eating when ur not happy, and i reached the point where i'm not happy all time; which means eating all the time ;p
mmm...something else:
through my wide studies(Dr. Lost ;p) about fitness and diet i found out that breakfast is the most important meal in the day, and i read somewhere that u can eat everything u want on braakfast cuz u still have all day to burn out the calories, but for sure not (samen baladi ;))
i'll c u around, bye

KJ said...

Hey man, loooool, you know, everyone is struggling to lose weight, and I struggle to gain weight! Nothing in life is fair I guess. On an individual level :P

I don't know how I will ever gain weight. I have been the same weight for years, and with my growing bones and stuff, I get thinner, or I just relocate some meat from one area to another (like from ass to chest).

I don't know what to do!

LOST in Dubai said...

hi KJ
looool
thx 4 ur comment, and no worries about getting some weight
just set on a chair for 12 hours a day, eat all u can from pizzas, burgers, steak & ice cream
then tell me what happens, trust me i'm an expert in that area ;p
i gained more than 20kg in the last year and a half!!!!

eshda3wa said...

every other person i know is dieting

i dont believe in the word diet
to me it automatically translates to self depravation

so it makes me want to eat more

i believe in healthy living

eating healthy is a much better more satisfying way of thinking about it

goodluck!

LOST in Dubai said...

eshda3wa:
thx for the comment,
i want to add that like everyone is talking about diet, everyone is talking about healthy food
what is it???
me being a single guy living here is very hard to stick on eating healthy all time(which as far as u know is salad and grilled chicken breast only!!!)
it's not about having a diet or not, it's about feeling better about ur self, so in order to do so _for me atleast_ i had to start with the diet and working out cuz i scrow things bigtime bfore!!!

KJ said...

This is what I am doing and it is not working!

LORD.M.M said...

تحياتي


انا بشجعك تواصل نظامك لأنو مافس احسن من جسد صحي ( وليس نحيف (

كل واحد له نقطة ضعف ..لكن لازم نحارب رغباتنا يلي ما بتخلص

مافي مانع تمتع حالك كل مدة و مدة بشي بتحبوا ..

انا اسف ما علق ابكر من هيك بس فكرت انو الموضوع صار قديم ..

سلامات