Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Lost ... Episode 2: keeping a distance


Previously on "LOST":
For those who didn’t read the first “Lost” post, I was talking about the different ways to get lost, and I would recommend that you go back and read it before starting with this post. ;)

As I mentioned before I will start using the “I” letter as I’m talking about a personal experience or a personal point of view if I might say.

I had to deal with the fact that I’ve been away from my family and friends, and to be honest it wasn’t an easy thing to do, then the days went by and somehow I managed to put my feeling behind me and look forward.
After 2 years in Abu Dhabi, the company I used to work with decided to transform me to Dubai.
Back then I was so glad with the idea, because it was a reaction for some circumstances, and chance for me to see the real Dubai, not only the malls and the long towers.

Didn’t really thought of being in Dubai alone till after I moved there; I looked around me and I knew that this time I’ll be on my own, I have allot of friends in Dubai to be honest.
But my ideas, my thought, my acts and reacts all changed since I came.
I’m a different person for them now.
They were used to the fragile and the sweet version of me, I’m not a monster now though; just a different person.

The days went by and the distance kept growing between me and the other guys, they are great I have to admit, it’s just me who’s keeping the distance.
it was hard to trust my ideas with them, they didn’t like my opinions and that was up to them
I wasn’t always right, but I choose what I want, and decide what I feel ok with.
Time by time I start fading in front of them and in front of me.

Now Living in Dubai gives the chance to meet new people every day, for sure this thing gives you the chance to share your ideas and thoughts with them
But there was always a distance, I just couldn’t let anyone that close. At least emotionally!!
In some way managed to stay alone, in the land of far far away …
Later on; the way Dubai keeps everyone busy played a big part in this, and with the time passing by; the meetings became calls, the calls became sms, then nothing!! Just nothing!!
What more left to say?
I simply didn’t care, or I didn’t realize that I didn’t care. (Too many didn’t!! ;p)
I was like “whateverrrrr

Now I’m writing those words; thinking to my self “why am I doing this?” _the writing I mean_
I know that it’s a wrong way to live; it’s a wrong way to deal with people, but it’s just how I feel
Or how I don’t feel!!
I’m lost in my journey, I’m away from the right road, and I’m taking a wrong turn.

I need to someone to guide me, someone to lead me to the right way
But where is that someone, “heeeeeyyyyyy, can you hear meeee?!!! I need you”

The end of this part of LOST
don’t know if the series will continue, I have some ideas, but I want it to be cooked very carefully before I put out there.
Looking for comments and ideas.
C ya

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LOST in Dubai said...

restless (no dear 4 u 2day)
first of all
thx for the very polite words ur using.
and second
i thought the blog world is for expressing how i think or feel, i could understand ur consern but i would like u to understand what i'm trying 2 say...

Nostalgia said...

Good Luck with your new life in Dubai.. i have been in Abu Dhabi for year and a half and i don t have the courage or the power to move to Dubai. i always felt that Dubai is the most suitable place for anyone to be lost in.

LOST in Dubai said...

Nostalgia
thx for the comment,
the lost feeling was with me since i came to the UAE, (i lived in Abu Dhabi for 1 year at the beginning)
thx again and plz plz plz keep checking my blog ;p

Unknown said...

S

Nostalgia said...

where are you , long time i did nt read any new in your blog. i m waiting, yalla please

LOST in Dubai said...

yalla hah :P