Tuesday, March 6, 2007

I WON. I WON!!!!!

I never been friend with luck; or I think it never been friend with me!!
I tried and tried to c what it’s interested in so may I could get its attention….
Well it worked for a few times!!
Back when I was a kid I won 5 Syrian pounds (less than half dhs) in (Al Helween – or the good-looking ones {in English}) biscuits!!! That was during my childhood years.
When I came to UAE in 2003; and during the first month I really had nothing to do but watching movies & TV shows, one day I participated in TV show called Cinemania; and surprisingly I won!
I guess this should be good luck right???
Well the week before I participated the winner had a (Gladiator) (Minority Report) DVDs, and 2 tickets to a movie premiere, at my turn I won a Hallmark movie _for kids_ called (Jack and the Beanstalk: The Real Story)!!! I didn’t watch it tell now and I don’t think that I’m going to…
After 6 months I entered another competition and won; back then I was in Abu Dhabi – UAE. And the price was 2 ticket to a movie premiere called (Elektra) in Dubai;
The movie sucked I know, but its fine to win things, plus i LOVEE Jennifer Garner
But the smart people at the competition company _who ever it was_ called me 2 hours before the movie starts, I was in Abu Dhabi (at work), the premier was in Dubai; and I need minimum 2 hours to get there. So I just apologized and thanked them for considering me…blah blah.
Later on I kept participating and entering competition here and there; but my luck decided to turn his back to me. Well I didn’t expect much to be honest, or I just wanted the big thing (a million $ would be fine I guess)
Any way just 2 days ago someone from Grand cinema (a film distributor in Dubai) called me and tolled me that I won the (Dream Girls) competition
I was like ‘WAAAAAAAAAW”, the lady on the phone laughed and said “sir, u can come and collect your price anytime between 10am – 12 midnight”
And so I did yesterday…. I went there and toke the price, and here the list of what I’ve won:
· Dream Girls Novel.
· Beyonce new album.
· A woman T Shirt and purse!!!
Ok… I know
What the hell should I do with a woman T shirt and a purse?!!!
The T shirt has those little fake diamonds all over it and the purse is all silver!!
I imagined my self wearing them!!! Or let’s say….I just need to find my self a girlfriend and give her those things….I should be happy, right? I won after all…:)

4 comments:

LORD.M.M said...

when i read you title i thought you won something big ..

I think you are a winner but you didn't always like what you won
so you didn't feel the joy of winning

but ..come'n man ..Dream Girls !!

anyway congratulation's !!

I hope you doing fine in Dubai

salamat

Unknown said...

You like the purse, I know you do.

I am sure that really late at night you wake up and sneak to your closet, take the purse out, feel it and take some pictures and then go back to sleep dreaming of the new dress.

LOL :P

RnD

LOST in Dubai said...

first regarding the Dream Girls thing
it's just a competition man...plus there was some really good songs during the movie...
and second regarding the purse...
i guess u'll never know what i'm doing with it ;P

Unknown said...

Guys, you do not wanna know what he did with the purse, I do.

RnD